I love how this layout turned out, now to find some cute pictures to go on it! Who'd a thunk that pastels and snowmen would work so good together!
Here is a close up of Page 1...
Here is a close up of Page 2...
All products used are Close to My Heart unless otherwise stated. Floral Tapestry Level 2 paper pack, Twilight textured cs reversed, Garden Green cs, Colonial White cs, Cranberry cs, Desert Sand ink, Twilight ink, November Stamp of the Month ~ Snow Friends, Winter craft buttons, Pewter photo hangers, Sanding kit, Various markers, Floss (DMC), Ribbon (Offray), Fiber (Caron)
~To make the sanded border around the photo mats I used a dry embossing stylus, my edge trimmer and sand paper. This technique will only work on White Core cs like Close to My Heart's. For solid core cardstock I use ink to highlight the scribed lines.
1. Cut photo mat to size, leaving a 1/2 inch border all the way around. For a 4x6 photo, you want to cut your mat 5x7 for a double line or 4.5x6.5 for a single line.
2. Insert edge of paper into edge trimmer, make sure blade is docked, so there is about an 1/8 of an inch edge of paper past the blade channel.
3. Use your dry embossing stylus to scribe a line down the side by using the channel as a guide for your stylus.
4. Repeat on the other 3 sides and add a second line if desired an equal distance inside of the 1st line all the way around.
5. Flip paper over so that the raised side is facing up.
6. Used sand paper to sand across the raised lines in the opposite direction all the way around photo mat. Be awoare of the suface you are working on, I have a small mat that I use just for sanding.
7. Brush any excess paper dust off of photo mat, it will prevent adhesive from sticking otherwise.
7. Mount photo
8. Mount photo and mat to scrapbook layout and you are finished!