Friday, February 22, 2008

Circle of Love...

~This card took me awhile. I had the idea but wasn't quite sure how to put it to paper. It is much prettier in person. The picture does it no justice. I used a 5x7 card base. I knew my background was going to be Paper Garden from CTMH, it is one of my favorites right now.
~I then stamped the largest image of D1260 Endless Love (February Stamp of the Month) with Smokey Plum on Colonial White cs. I then took my exacto knife (it was really quick & easy) and cut the center out and ink around the edges with Smokey Plum again. I used my CM mini circle shape maker to crop the corners. You only stick the very corner in, about a quarter way into the circle.
~I then created a mat for my image out of Smokey Plum cardstock and mountd the image on it. After that I set the pewter brads in the corners.
~To apply the rhinestones to my image I used Liquid Glass, just a tiny little drop will do for each. They dried really quick. I never realized what an excellent adhesive Liquid Glass is! Worked awesome!
~The sentiment is also in the Endless Love stamp set. I stamped it in black on Colonial White and then matted it on Sweet Leaf cs. I mounted it half way in to the center circle of the main image.
~The little flourish at the end of the sentiment was done the same as the main image only I 'fussy cut' it out with my Micro-tip scissors for more detail and dimension.
~The flowers are Prima. Those were applied with Glue dots. Glue dots are to a scrapper like butter is to bread! Gotta have them, and I never run out! For the centers I just used pewter brads, pewter bigger brad and a green button I had in my stash.

That about does it. Over all, this card is fairly easy. I would say that a beginner would have no problem recreating it. Thanks for stopping by, have a good one and Happy Scrappin'!

No comments: