Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Happy Hellos!


This card was created because I goofed up on a scrapbook layout! The background paper was cut 1/4 in to small for my layout. I don't know what I was thinking! lol! Anyway, I had this perfectly good piece of paper and thought "What am I gonna do with this?" Uh, hah! I'll make a card! I said to myself.


To start, I took the background paper and cut some chocolate cs to make the card base. Then I took a piece of scrap pattern paper and placed it across the front (green floral). I then stamped the flourish from SU's Priceless set on top of that. (Can you tell what my favorite stamp is right now? lol) Take the butterfly stamp from that same set and color his antennae and body only with a black marker and stamp above flourish and off to side where you want them to be placed. On a separate piece of cs stamp the whole butterfly with your wing color. To add more interest, I traced around the details of the butterfly with a black marker. Cut both of those out. Fold butterfly in half, right sides together and place glue on underside of body. Place that on top of body you stamped on card. Take a pop dot and place one under both wings and curl wings around it. Repeat this for 2nd butterfly. To make sentiment I stamped the circular scallop with stamp from SU's So Many Scallops and punched out the center with a circle punch and punched out the whole image with scalloped circle punch. Hint: It works best (for me anyway) if you punch out the scallop first then the center circle. On a separate piece of paper I stamped a sentiment from SU's Lots of Thoughts set and punched it out with the scalloped circle punch. I then glued the first piece on top and adhered it to the card. That about does it, now I gotta find someone to mail it to! lol! TFL :)

2 comments:

aliciashaf said...

These are gorgeous! When are you going to send me one?? LMAO!!

You are just so talented Amy! I hope people are seeing this out there!

Mary said...

Amy I love your goof up. Wish my goof ups would look that good. You've inspired me to make a new card!