Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stepping out of the 'Comfort Zone'


~This page is way out of my 'Comfort Zone', I never do pages like this! It even felt awkward and uncomfortable while I was working on it! lol! I love how this turned out though. They say nothing stimulates your creativity more though than when you push yourself beyond the normal realm of what you are used to!
~It all started when I got this months issue of Memory Makers magazine(March 08). On page 36 was a sketch done by Becky Fleck (author of Page Maps) that really caught my eye. I don't know what it was, but I really liked it. I had these crazy pictures of the kids eating bomb pops and thought they would be perfect on a layout like this. I even got out the 'ole sewing machine, yep, that stitching across the top if the real thing! lol! Sorry that the picture kinda sucks, camera was having a bad day I guess!


What I used...~Paper: Deja Views, Red & Blue ~Cardstock: DCWV, White Cardstock: CTMH ~Stamps: Stampin' Up, ~Page Tab: Sizzix ~Small Red Flowers: Prima ~Large Flower: Cricut & Accent Essentials Cartridge, Bazzill Cardstock, CTMH Rub-ons ~Scallop: CTMH Corner Rounder ~Title: Cricut, Opposites Attract Cartride, Plantin' Schoolbook Cartridge, CTMH black brads.

No comments: