Wednesday, March 19, 2008

OMG! Where has the time gone?

I can't believe it has been 3 weeks since my last post. It certainly don't seem like it's been that long! Life needs to slow down a little! Just so I can get caught up, lol!

Here is a St. Patrick's Day card that I made for an event I had this past weekend. That took up an entire week of my life to prepare for. This card is super simple! I took 2 different shades of green for a monochromatic look. In this case Garden Green and Olive. I cut them 1/2 smaller than the card and then the 2nd a 1/2 inch smaller than the first and layered them on the card. I then stamped 5 hearts from the Soul Mates stamp set in New England Ivy. I cut four of them out and sponged the edges with ink. To get the vein of the 'leaf', I folded the heart in half and inked the folded edge. The last heart, I free-hand cut out a stem and inked it. Arrange in a four-leaf clover shape on card and stamped sentiment at the bottom. For added interest and dimension, I pop-dotted the 'leaves' right behind the dip of the top of the heart.

Photobucket

No comments: