Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Good Samaritan!

I had to take my nephew home who was here over spring break. The day I left to take him home (3 hours away) I dropped my drivers license by the pumps at Flying J's and didn't know it. Not until Monday that is, when I got a letter in the mail with it in the envelope! I was shocked and had no idea it was missing. I can't believe that someone picked it up and mailed it back to me! I guess there really are still a few nice people out there these days! I was so thankful that they returned it that I had to make them a card to say 'Thank You', and this is what I came up with. Thanks for looking!

Photobucket

The flower is made with a new Sizzix die (flower petal & center #2). The faux stitching on the bottom was done with a pinking shears. The embossing is Cuttlebug's Distressed Stripes. Colors are Olive, Blush, Chocolate and Colonial White.

4 comments:

Mary said...

For all the 'bad' people in the world there are the great ones. I'm glad you got your license back and the card is really nice. I've been looking at the book you gave me and i'm finding some cool stuff.

Lisha said...

I love the card! They probably weren't expecting such a sweet card either!

~d said...

So nice.

Mare said...

This is amazing!!!! I tried to jump off from your card but couldn't get the colors to work out. I'm so glad you posted details here! Did you use Buttercup or Honey on the yellow tag? That's the color that's throwing me off...

Your art is just wonderful!!!!