Saturday, July 26, 2008

CASED! Make a wish!

I was browsing some of my favorite blogs the other day and found a beautiful birthday card that I knew I just had to try to re-create. It was designed by Amy Sheffer and the sketch is from Jen del Muro. I changed a little here and there and used all Close to My Heart papers and the result is below. This is for my daughter's girlfriend who is turning 8. I am really kinda pleased with the way it turned out.

Here is the link to the card I cased...
http://pickledpaperdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/07/eight-is-enough.html
Here is the link to the card sketch it was designed from...
http://iheart2stamp.com/2008/07/19/sketch-for-you-to-try-7/

Photobucket

I used the following supplies...
Close to my Heart ~ Good Times paper pack, Good Times My Stickease, White Daisy textured CS, Sweet Leaf & Twilight textured CS from Winter Cozy combo pack, Corner rounder punch, Tiny Typewriter stamp set, chocolate waxy flax, Liquid Glass
Cuttlebug ~ Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Quickutz ~ Balloons
Stampin Up ~ Spiral punch
AcMoore ~ Rhinestones, Eyelets
Provo Craft ~ chipboard 8
Cricut ~ Base Camp cartridge (wish)

13 comments:

Trinka said...

WOW WOW WOW! Love this card...will have to scraplift this one!

Sandra T. said...

That came out so dang cute!!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Adorable. I see you on SBS22...I'm on there too!

Anne said...

Love it! Welcome to SBS#22!

Stephenie said...

Hello. SBS 22 sounds wonderful! I am so excited to get to know all of you! Can you let me know your name so I can edit my blog? I have to do this w/ all of SBS 22 =0)
Hugs,
Stephenie

NormaJ said...

Another SCS22 member letting you know that your card is great. I love all the detail to it and dimension. Glad to meet you. I'll be back again. - Norma

Cindy Vernon said...

I love how you scraplifted this card using CTMH papers! I also love your album using Blue Ribbon. I can't believe you didn't like that paper, it's actually one of my favorites from the last catty! Can't wait to get you know SBS22!

Stacy said...

love it! thanks for sharing

Carol Weimer said...

This card is adorable. I love all the elements that bring it all together. The longer I look at it, the more surprises I see. Thanks for the inspiration.

TeresaW said...

That card is really busy. I mean that in a good way. I usually go for the less is more look, but I'm beginning to realise that anything goes. I like it too, but if I use the idea like you did, my dedications will go on for ever. Hahahahaha

Chrissie said...

This is a stunning card, most professional! I love it.
Chrissie

Kathy said...

This card is really neat. It has everything!! Doesn't Pickle Tree make just the most incredible cards?

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my gosh!!! I was going back through my blog posts trying to catch up on awards and tags and such and discovered the whole backlink thing, which lead me here to your totally ROCKIN' card!! I LOOOOOOVVVEEEE your version! I'm so glad I found this!!