Monday, August 18, 2008

Just a little bit vintage...

This card came out to look a little bit vintage to me, but I love it! I made this for my sister who turns 32 next week. I bought this new lacy border punch at Wally World, it's Martha Stewart! Oooohhhh! (I am so NOT a Martha fan, but I liked the punch) This card uses a little bit of everything on it from Close to My Heart to Stampin Up to Prima. I have all supplies listed below. Thanks for stoppin by and takin a peek!

Photobucket

Shh, I have a little secret too!
I can not find my pop dots, have no idea where they have gone! To improvise, I used my 1" circle punch and cut out 3 circles from CS. I glued and stacked them together under the Happy Birthday center of the flower and it gave the same effect and only I am any the wiser. (Well, those of you reading this are too now! LOL!)

Supplies used...
Close to My Heart ~ Just Blooms Big Pinks, Barn Red Organdy Ribbon, Love charm, Barn Red textured CS, Colonial White CS, Pewter Bigger Brads, Barn Red ink & marker, Blush textured CS, Edge Distresser
Stamin UP ~ Scalloped Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, So Many Scallops stamp set
Prima~ red flowers
Martha Stewart ~ Lace Border Punch
Fiskars ~ 1/16th Hole Punch
Pattern Paper ~ oops, I forgot! :o( (it is double sided with the stripes & flowers I used)
Creative Memories ~ 1 1/4" Circle Punch

18 comments:

Sarah Elliott said...

very nice. I love the nice clean look of it and the border punch is awesome.

Cindy Vernon said...

I like this card a lot! I have the same punch! I just love it too!

NormaJ said...

I love the look of your card. It
gives me visions of Beaver Cleavers
mum with her pretty apron and big
bow on the back. In other words it
reminds me of the good times,

Chrissie said...

I love it! I really fancy that border punch. I shall have to look out for one of those.
Chrissie

Vicki Sullivan said...

I'm having problems trying to subscribe to your site. www.sullyscrapandstamp.blogspot.com

Mybiz said...

Great work, i love it.
I just nominated you for Brillante award ;)
check out my blog for the details!

Aileen said...

Love the big flower totally fab!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Awesome card! So pretty! Denise from SBS22

Stephenie said...

What a cute card, seriously. Sorry I have been MIA, I've had my head in books, bad me=0)
stephenie

Marge said...

Hi Amy,
Your sister will love this; I do!!! That border punch is gorgeous and adds so much to your card! I think it was a wise purchase. We're getting a Wally world in our little town next year, so I'll have that to shop for goodies soon.

Marge SBS22

Korny Scrapper said...

You've been given the "I Love Your Blog" award on my blog! You can pick it up on my blog. Thanks for all the inspiration!

www.kornysrapping.blogspot.com

Amber Korn

Gwen said...

This is Beautiful!!! & welcome to SBS 22! I think I need that punch!!!

Kathy said...

Amy, this is just beautiful. I love your color combo - maybe a bit vintage, but gorgeous just the same.

Tina C said...

I adore vintage - super cute.

Becky said...

I'm out of the hospital and back to blog hopping!! I love the border punch..I don't have any but need to start collecting them I think.

Becky said...

Amy I tried to email you but it was returned. I am making cards for everyone in our SBS22 group, but I don't have your address. Could you email me with it if you are interested in receiving cards. Thanks, Becky

Kim said...

This is a very beautiful card! TFS

Julanne said...

Great card!! You are very creative.

You have been tagged!
Go to www.glitterfreak.blogspot.com
and see the rules.

Julanne