Saturday, August 2, 2008

No Lion, You're the BEST!

No Lion, really!! I found an interesting sketch on one of my favorite blogs today and just had to try it. I just got this stamp set and was dying to make something with it. It is Close to my Heart's July Stamp of the month "Life's a Jungle". I think this turned out super cute. I got the idea for the mane from one of our corporate publications and had to give it a whirl. Thanks for stoppin' by!

Photobucket

a little close up of the details & dimension...
Photobucket

I used the following supplies...
Close to My Heart ~ Boom-di-Ada level 2 paper pack, Life's a Jungle stamp set, Garden Green ink & CS, Buttercup ink & CS, Barn Red ink & CS, Black ink, Bamboo textured CS, Colonial White CS, Autumn Harvest Sassy Strands and Liquid Glass.
Stampin Up ~ Scalloped Circle Punch, Antique Copper brads & Photo Clip
Prima ~ flowers

15 comments:

mel4christ said...

Love the lion. Very cute card. I am just loving your blog. Great artwork. Just was on the ctmh bb and came across your post. So glad I stopped by. Thanks for sharing!

Melanie

Stacy said...

OK Girl, this is just TOOOO Cute!
I am so glad I found your blog, you are very talented, thank you for sharing your work with everyone!

Anne said...

This is adorable! Please share how you did the mane!
Anne

Sarah Elliott said...

Amy, this card is super cute! I love the lion and the yarn mane. Excellent work!!
Sarah

Becky said...

What a cute card...

Kathy said...

This card is just toooo cute. I love all the dimensionals used. How did you do the lion's mane? Very nice.

Kathy SBS22

Deborah said...

So cute!!!! His furry hair is so cute!

Peggy said...

Very cute! I love this set.
Peggy (SBS 22)

http://cardcrazy.wordpress.com/

I think I have figured out how to leave a comment on your blog now :)

Julanne said...

I want to send you to CA and play with you!! does sound like a stocker? No you have the cutest stuff, I am so inspired.

I am so glad I joined SBS 22 or I probably would not have seen this blog. I however would see your work on the BB.

thank you so much for sharing
Julanne

Lisha said...

You must show me how you did this hair on the lion! Adorable girl!

TeresaW said...

Being a Leo I like the lion card.

Cindy Vernon said...

I just love how you did the lion's mane! What a great job!

Kim said...

What an adorable card! I love how you did the mane! Nice work!

TeresaW said...

Well, it was nice meeting you, but I have my propper group to go to now. See you over at SBS 23 if you fancy more reading.

Good luck with your group, I know that you will love it. Cheerio for now.

Stephenie said...

I love your lion card and I am giving you a blogging award, see my blog for details!
stephenie