Sunday, September 21, 2008

Family Favorites! Such a pretty place to put them!

Another month has gone by, my oh my! Where have I been? Well I've been very tired and pregnant! Sorry! It has taken me this long to get over the shock of it. I've been in denial! I am now 21 weeks! Yay, over half way! I told hubby the other day that I ought to be sleeping day and night by the time I'm full term! I can't get through the day without a nap! Is that normal? I am 31 now and this is #4 but still, I have never been this tired! My other excuse is... my batteries are dead in my digital! Do you think that I can remember to buy a pack just one of the many times I am at Wal Mart? Nope, not a chance. I bet I've been there 30 times now and have gotten home and said to myself..."Oh crap, I forgot to buy stinkin batteries AGAIN!" It sure would be nice if I could take more than like 10 pictures before the batteries died too!

ANYWAY...I made this a while back. It is one of my favorite pieces. I used everything Close to My Heart on it. They have this great little recipe card kit that coordinates beautifully with the Let's Get Together paper pack. The tin was a clearance find at Wal Mart...$1! Can't beat that! What else can I tell you about this...hmmm...it's late and I can't think straight. lol.

Oh, the flowers on the front are stamped with white acrylic paint on transparency film. This is super easy to do. I just blot a sponge in the white paint and then on to my stamp. When u go to stamp on the film, make sure the 'textured' side is up and press straight down and lift straight up. It will be very slippery so you have to be steady when you stamp it. Set aside to let dry. Once dry, cut out and apply to project as normal. I used YES paste to adhere my paper to the tin. It works wonderful. Doesn't wrinkle your paper one bit.

Well thanks for stopping by an taking a look. I need to go to bed now. Have to be all rested up for Monday morning! Doesn't everyone love Monday's!


Outside...
Photobucket

Top view...
Photobucket

Inside...
Photobucket

Recipe Card Dividers...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

10 comments:

judy anderson said...

Oh that recipe tin is sharp looking. and as to tired bet you didn't have three youngin to look after before. Be nice to yourself.

Sarah Elliott said...

Awesome recipe tin, you did a great job.

Tracy said...

What a great project! I love the bright colors and how you put it all together!!!

(feel better soon and nap when needed!)

Becky said...

I love your baby gauge at the top of your blog..its soo cute. Nice job on the recipe tin too, I never would of thought of that, but then again when you order out most dinners, who needs recipes LOL. Get some rest, when you have 4 kids to take care of you will need it!! :O)

CraftyC said...

Wow, its stunning, too good to use, just look at it!!
Clairex

Trinka said...

awesome recipe file!

Marge said...

Congrats on your expected little bundle of joy!!! ;-)
Your recipe tin is absolutely awesome; love it! It is almost too pretty to use! Hope you can keep it out so all can enjoy looking @ it!

Lisha said...

I love when you add something personal to your pages :) ANd I love the tin...anytime you wanna make me one...I would be so blessed LOL LOL

Kathy said...

What a neat idea - decorating a tin box for a recipe file! Even the divider cards are decorated.
Congrats on baby coming. Rest all you can now 'cuz, Honey, in a couple months tired will take on a whole new meaning!

Nicole said...

omg I'm such a dork but I actually squealed when I saw that cute tin. I love this paper pack and its probably my favorite so yeah -- I know. Anyway, this is really cute and I just wanted you to know it.