Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What do you get when you lock 2 friends/CTMH consultants in a basement for 14 hours and let their creative minds work?

This beautiful flip album! The tutorial (a printable .pdf!) for which, can be found here. Thank You Amy Celona! We followed the basic bones of the album but all of the details within were custom designed by Tara and I with the help of a very long list of supplies! See end of post, it's a biggie!

My good friend Tara Snyder came over Friday night for a Tastefully Simple party that I was having with the intentions of spending the night and we would crop. Well we got the big idea of giving this flip album a try. So down to the scrapping dungeon we went!

We got ourselves in real deep on this one! lol! We went to bed finally at 4am Saturday morning after putting 7 hours in on this. We really had the creative juices flowing! Later Saturday morning we were back at it for about 3 hours and then decided we needed a break.

Michael's and AC Moore were calling our names! We headed there to get 'sparkles'. We needed little red rhinestones for the holly berries so that was the excuse we used for our great escape! When we returned, we ate supper and back at it we went until we finished 4 hours later. We hit the hay finally around 12:30am.

I think I wore poor Tara out on this one, she's not used to burning the midnight oil like I am and this was even a stretch for me! I finally got a glimpse of what used to be my ankles today - 3 days later, the swelling from sitting on my tush for 14 hours finally went down enough to kinda see my ankle bones! Yay!

Swollen ankles was a small price to pay for this very needed weekend with a friend to kinda do what we wanted and most certainly enjoyed. So I am giving a big shout out to Tara "THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I really needed this and had a great time with you this past weekend! You are an AWESOME friend and downline. A big "THANK YOU" to my wonderful hubby too who took care of the kids all weekend!

Tara finally made her big escape Sunday morning! All 3 of my children woke up looking for her and were disappointed she was gone! My youngest Kaitlin (she'll be 3 in Nov.) really took a shining to her this weekend. Poor Tara thought that Kaitlin would never warm up to her! Well Kaitlin not only warmed up to her but Tara become her BFF this weekend! It was so cute, she couldn't get enough of her!

Thank You for stoppping by! Happy Scrapping and Stamping to you!

The Cover...
Photobucket

Flip #1...
Photobucket

Flip #2...
Photobucket

Flip #3...
Photobucket

Flip #4...
Photobucket

Flip #5...
Photobucket

Flip #6...
Photobucket

Flip #7 & 8...
Photobucket

Close up of Flip 7 & 8...
Photobucket

Flip #9...
Photobucket

Flip #10...
Photobucket

Close up of center...
Photobucket

Close up 1...
Photobucket

Close up 2...
Photobucket

Close up 3...
Photobucket

Close up 4...
Photobucket

Close up 5...
Photobucket

Close up of poem...
Photobucket

View from above...
Photobucket

View of front open...
Photobucket

THE LIST!

Close to My Heart ~
Markers: Cranberry, Barn Red, Olive, New England Ivy, Creme Brulee, Grey Wool, Grey Flannel, Honey & Crystal Blue
Inks: Heavenly Blue, Cranberry, Black, New England Ivy & Honey
Cardstock: Garden Green, Cranberry, New England Ivy, olive, Colonial White & Buttercup
Clear Sparkles, Creative Basics Evensong, Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon, B1313 Merry Pursuits stamp set, D1313 December Word Puzzle stamp set, D1324 Christmas Melodies stamp set, D1243 Peace on Earth stamp set, Colonial White Bigger Brads, Gold Brads.

Creative Memories ~ Mini Circle Shape Maker punch, Snowflake punch

Stampin' Up ~ 1 3/8" Circle punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch, Ticket Corner punch, Scallop Edge punch, Round Tab punch, Scallop Circle punch & Horizontal Slot punch.

Cuttlebug ~ Snowflakes #2, Scallop Squares, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

Sizzix ~ Hanging Snowflake #2, Sizzlits Snowflake #6

Other ~ Quikutz Blossum Shapes Square die, Red & Green Sparkles from Michaels, Martha Stewart Snowflake punch, Vellum, Marvy Uchida 2" Circle punch, Joann's Essentials Star Brad, Coluzzle Library Pocket Template, Computer Font - French Script MT

14 comments:

Tracy said...

WOW!!! This is SO COOL!!!!

Marge said...

WOW!!! This is just awesome! Can see why it took a while to create. Fantastic mini book!!!
Just finished redoing my list of SBS22ers to a blog roll, where the newest post pops to the top & yours came up! I think I'm going to like this better!

Megan said...

whoaaaaaa....that looks like a lot of work!! It's so cute!! Nice job!

Sarah Elliott said...

I've seen this flip album done up a couple times now and I have to say that yours is my fav! I love these little elves.

Lisha said...

The pictures are great, but definetly looks better in person! The time and perfection you took on this shows! Great job! I will be looking forward to receiving this for Xmas lol lol lol lol lol

Gwen said...

how much fun that must have been!!! & the book is just adorable!!!!

Becky said...

What a great book, I love the elves from the Merry Pursuits set...they are adorable. What a great time you and your friend must have had..pulled alot of late nights stamping and creating too isn't it sooo much fun LOL :O)

spikescreativeside said...

Great flip album! Looks like it was lots of fun! Great job!

Michele said...

This looks really awesome, hard, but worth it! Although I have been told by someone else that it isn't as hard as it looks. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

WOOOOOOWWWWW!!! It wore me out just looking at all the pictures! It is fantastic. Great job. Real gorgeous mini book!

Amy said...

This is too stinkin' cute! I want to be locked in the basement with you if this is what I end up with!! Hee hee hee!! Great work, I love it!!

Stephenie said...

This is awesome.

stampscrapnbowl said...

The Merry Pursuit elves are so stinking cute...now, I just HAVE to get them! I'm in the process of making one of these flip albums using the Notebook papers - they are so much fun. There are so many places for little embellishments, notes, journaling and of course - photos! What a fun gift idea.

pattir118 said...

Praises for the artwork go without saying...i just wanted to add that the music on your site is the best! I love it :)