Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Can your morning top mine? Sleeping in not an option!

The kids had off today because of Veteran's Day. I thought 'woohoo' mommy gets to sleep in! NOT! 1st of all, at 4am this morning I woke up and looked at my alarm clock. I completely forgot the kids had off at this hour of the morning and set it, forgetting why I didn't set it in the first place! lol! So at 7am this morning I am snoozing the alarm for a half hour till it dawns on me that I don't have to get up.

Just as I was almost back to sleep, right around 8am, I re-awaken to what sounds like water spilling on to the floor. Well it was more than water! It was my son spilling all the contents of his stomach down my staircase! My hubby heard it too, I said to him "I don't even want to know what that was". 2 seconds later my oldest yells up the steps "MOM, RILEY'S PUKING ALL DOWN THE STEPS" My husband and I both flew out of bed and what a mess. Words can not even describe the mess that we had to clean up. It took me an hour and a half! Thank goodness my steps are wood and not carpet! Every step to the bottom was covered, both walls were covered. We have picture framing down the lower half of our walls, every nook and cranny of that molding was covered. It was a mess!

No one got to sleep in this morning! Better luck on Saturday, I guess! lol!

I made this yesterday but didn't get a chance to post it. The powers that be wouldn't allow it! lol! I got the idea from here, and made it my own with some of my favorite Close to My Heart christmas paper. Finished size of this is 5x7. Actually got to pull out the bind-it-all too! You know, that tool that I just had to have and have used all of 3 times now! Anyway, thanks for stopping by and may none of you ever have to awaken to the kind of mess that I had to this morning!!!



Happy Veteran's Day and Thank You to all of you veterans out there!

I used Close to My Heart Evensong Creative Basics paper, Cardstock: White Daisy, Cranberry, Garden Green, New England Ivy. Ink: Cranberry, Garden Green, New England Ivy. Rustic Alphabet.

Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch
Cricut Stone Script Cartridge for 'days'
SU's corner rounder/scallop maker for scalloped circle
Bind-it-all & 3/4" spiral
2-5x7 pieces of heavy chipboard that I had saved from the packaging of card blanks that I had bought.
Red & Green Rhinestones are from Michael's

The numbers are a blank through 9 for the first stack and 0-9 for the second. I decorated the blank one with a little christmas holly die cut.

5 comments:

Oma said...

Been there, done that - but the mess was mine at 3:15 a.m. Monday morning. I barely made it to the bathroom in time! I had a 24 hr. flu bug and the toilet became my best friend! LOL
I stuck to the BART Principle - no milk products, no solids for 24 hours. B-Bananas, A-apple sauce, R-rice, T-dry white toast and I also took Acidophilus made by Jameson and which can be found in a health food store or at your pharmacy in the dietary supplement section.
I got sick cuz I hugged and kissed my 16 mos. old granddaughter too many times when I saw her on Saturday. She had come down with gastroenteritis on Thursday and seemed better on Saturday.
I hope your son is feeling better real soon.

Danelle said...

LOVE the countdown calendar! I'm so doing that. :) Thanks for sharing. (And hope the sickies don't last too long!)

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Hopefully Riley's better now. I had the flu a couple of weeks ago and it lasted forever. I would just start thinking I was over it and it would strike again!

Love your countdown "calendar"; what a great idea! I have a BIA and I still don't know how to use it, but I think I will have to give it a good try on this project! TFS

Cindy Vernon said...

Wow, I love, love love this! I don't think that I have time to make one before Christmas but I think I'll make one for next year. So sorry about your morning. My little Lily was sick last week too and threw up about 5 times. I had to clean her bed, the couch and her little chair she sits in. Then my son threw up once in our bed and I had to throw my husband's pillow away and wash our sheets. I totally feel you...

Sarah Elliott said...

OMG, I cannot even image. I can't handle that stuff, usually my husband ends up cleaning it up. I would be joining your son :-)

Hope Riley's feeling better now. Love your countdown calendar too!