Sunday, November 2, 2008

My crazy week and a Super Easy 'Dazzling' Card!

It's been a CRAZY week! It all started Thursday night, we went to a 'trunk or treat' with one of my neighbors. I had never heard of such a thing, when I first saw it, my first thought was "OMG, if this ain't red-neck, I don't know what is!" Then when I thought about it a little, it was really a pretty good idea! The kids run around a blocked off parking lot and trick or treat out of the trunks of peoples cars or pick'em up trucks. The kids can't go anywhere or get lost, there are no cars driving around to run them over and it's still daylight out so no creeps hiding in the bushes to snag your kids! They had a blast!

After that they did a little trick or treating in the city, which was a total flop! We walked, I bet 2 miles with 5 kids, for all of 10 pieces of candy. The wonderful people in charge had changed trick or treating to Thursday instead of Friday all because of a dumb high-school football game! Who were the geniuses that scheduled it on Halloween anyway? It appears that a lot of peeps must have been boycotting the decision due to the severe lack of participation!

Anyway, We had trick-or-treating on Friday in our sub-division and the kids had an absolute blast. (That was all after a half a day of candy making and to get ready for Saturday with Tara.) It was from 6-8pm. We had GORGEOUS weather, 70 degrees! Got a little chilly after the sun went down all the way but it wasn't too bad. My sister and her family came in from out-of-town to go trick-or-treating with us and Tara spent the night too so I had quite the house full Friday night! Here's a pic of my kids...aren't they sooo cute!


A glam witch, a Sully from Monster's Inc., and Snow White!

Saturday, we had my son's 6th Birthday party! It was a lot of fun. Here he is with the pumpkin cake that Tara made for him! She's the best!


These are all the cupcakes that we made...



They all have the cutest little gravestones on them. This is the candy that we made half the day Friday. They are just the Wilton candy melts. The big ones took forever to harden! I really liked the end result though! Definitely worth the waiting! lol! (Note to self: Next time I get the crazy idea to make candy, buy 2 or 3 molds instead of 1!!!) Here's a close-up of a few...



Now that it's Sunday, I finally have a moment to take a deep breath and relax! lol! Time for just a little 'me' time. Down to the dungeon I went this afternoon after my sister and her clan left! I wanted to make a card with some of the new Dazzling Die-cuts that I got a few days ago. This is Close to My Heart's November promotion. They are pretty cool! Here's the super easy card that I made with them...

The background Baby pink strip is stamped with Spot on Backgrounds in Blush ink. The stitching is Simple Stitches stamp set. I used SU's Scalloped Border punch to do the scallops and the rest is the Die-Cuts! The little schnibble of ribbon is from Joann's dollar bins. I also used my Martha Stewart Fern Branch punch to punch out a few from some white vellum but the didn't show up the best on the pics.
Here's what the inside looks like. Just a small border along the bottom...



Close up of the front...really hard to see fern branches behind the tag but they are there!




Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stamping and Scrapping till next time! :o)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Very cute card---glad y'all had a safe and fun Halloween!!

Barbara said...

I first saw this card on our CTMH bb and just had to come here and see what you had posted.....lol
This card is gorgeous!!

Kim said...

I love this card and I love the colors!!!