Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm baaaaack! FINALLY!!!

It has been 3 weeksish since I have last been in blogger world and a busy 3 weeks it's been! We left for Tennessee on Friday, Dec 19th to surprise my parents for Christmas. We showed up on their doorstep at 8:45 am only to find them still in bed! I called and woke my mom up and then sent the kids to the front door acting dumb the whole time on the phone. She said "What the heck, someone's at my door already this morning" I said "really! Who would visit you that early in the morning? Were you expecting anyone?" She said "Yeah, right!" Then she said "Looks like there are kids at the door" I said who do you know out there that has kids? Is it the neighbor?" That's when she opened the door to see that it was my 3 rug-rats, and was pleasantly surprised!

We had a wonderful visit with them. The kids had a great Christmas. They especially liked the part about it being at Nana's. No one wanted to leave when it was time to come home! We were there 2 whole weeks, we got back home on the 2nd at 4:00 in the morning. It wasn't a bad drive, only 10 hours. Didn't seem half as bad as our trips back to Wisconsin and those were only 2 hours longer.

While we were there, I kept telling my friends back here that I didn't know when I was going to be home, because I didn't. We left with no set date of return in mind. We were just going to play it by ear and see how things went. After a week and a half had past, I started receiving threats from them that I had to be home by the 3rd so that I could attend our Mom's group meeting. We were just supposed to hang out at a friends and watch movies and I was supposed to make sure I was there since my days were numbered to be able to do things with them with the baby coming and all. Well, I found out on Saturday why they wanted me home so darn bad! Movies my butt! They had surprise me with a baby shower and everyone was in on it! I mean everyone! My husband, my mother! Everyone! (except me that is!) I had no clue! I walked in to Leeann's house on Saturday and she was taking pictures of me as I walked down the hall to her kitchen. I said "What the he** are you taking pictures of me for?" Then I looked around and saw everyone and everything and figured it out! I had all to do to hold back the tears! I still can't believe that they had done this for me! No one has ever done anything like this before for me, so it really meant a lot to me that they all did this! I feel so blessed to have the most wonderful of friends and family! It was a lot of fun! We played all kinds of games and I got all kinds of goodies for the baby. The food was fabulous, I didn't even swell from all the little summer sausage slices that I ate! So I want to shout out a big "THANK YOU" to all my great friends and family that were in on this! You guys are the BEST!

Since then, I have spent the last week just getting caught up with life. The kids went back to school on Monday the 5th only to have off again on the 6th for rain! I guess we were supposed to get ice that day, well we didn't get squat! Just rain! There had to be like 6 inches of snow on the ground before they would even think about calling school when I was a kid. Here they just have to say that there is like a 10% chance of an inch of snow and they are calling school! I say it's RIDICULOUS!

I had done all my laundry from the trip while I was still at my mom's so that was one less thing that I had to worry about when I got home. I got spoiled! She has the Maytag Neptune front loaders. OMG, I think I'm in love! I told my hubby that he can buy me a set of those for any old reason at all, he didn't have to wait for a holiday, that I would totally understand him buying me them "just because" lol! My clothes were so "nice and fluffy feel so good soft" when they were done. There was no comparison to how my regular 'ole agitator washing machine leaves my clothes. Someday, I tell myself...Someday! lol!

I still have to tear down my Christmas tree! Ugh, I hate taking it down almost as much as I hate putting it up. We were supposed to tear it down this past week, well that didn't happen. Hubby said it's my fault cuz I had to go shopping for 2 days and then spend 2 days scrapping. I said to him "we have to eat don't we?" I had to go grocery shopping the first day after a dr. appt.

Then the 2nd day I got in trouble at the OB and was told that I was being induced the 39th week because my B/P has gone up suddenly. I have chronic high B/P to begin with but it had been really low this whole pregnancy with no meds. I was shocked that it had gone up so quick but was also thinking it's kinda about time! I had been high for quite sometime by now with the other 3 and my youngest I had to take medicine for it the whole pregnancy. So I was stamped "high risk" with this one right off the bat but only because of history, I have been complication free up until now.

So anyway, getting back to why I was going shopping, lol. I have no nursing bras yet, so being that I only have about 2 weeks left, I thought I best get that taken care of. Well not so much. No one caries nursing bras bigger than a DD around here so I have to drive an hour away sometime this week to get them at a specialty store. I would order them off the Internet but I am one of those that can't buy a thing without trying it on first, especially bras! I wasn't going to make it a wasted trip though, there is a Children's Place outlet store near the maternity store. It just so happens that they are having their Monster Sale! Well, can't pass that up! lol! Michaela needed long sleeved shirts, so I happened to stop in there and got her a bunch of new shirts. That made me the best mom in the world for a day! So anyway, maybe I'll get that darn tree torn down sometime this week!

Tara came over Saturday to visit me, she really had to come to get some Powerball tickets! lol! It was up to $100 something million dollars. I told her she better not be coming to WV and not be stopping in to visit me! So we got crafty on Saturday. Before she left on Sunday we were crafty a little more! We made a Valentine's Day layout, 2 Valentine's cards and 4 3x3 cards. They turned out soooo cute! Here are the 5x7 cards that we made...


Card 1...




This card uses...Close to My Heart's More to Adore paper pack, Key to My Heart stamp set, Baby Pink CS, Hollyhock CS, Chocolate CS, Chocolate ink, Blush ink, Chocolate ribbon, pink ribbon is from JoAnn's, Martha Stewart Heart Lace border punch and Scalloped Heart punch.

Card 2...


This card uses...Close to My Heart's More to Adore paper pack, Key to My Heart stamp set, D1309 Heart Throb stamp set, Blush CS, Hollyhock Cs, Chocolate CS, Colonial White CS, Baby Pink CS, Blush ink, Hollyhock ink, Chocolate ink, Hollyhock marker, Chocolate marker, Pewter brads. SU's 1 3/8" circle punch, CM's 1 1/2" circle punch, Paper Shaper's 2" Scalloped circle punch, Martha Stewart's Heart Scallop border punch and ribbon from JoAnn's.

Thanks for stopping by! Until next time....Happy scrappin!

4 comments:

TeresaW said...

Gosh, I'm exhausted reading all that you have been up to. I think it is soooo funny, you surprising your Mum and then she surprising you!

Love the card too.

JHET said...

HI Amy! How are you? Your cards are both gorgeous! I like the all the MS punches that you used!

Trinka said...

adorable cards~

Chrissie said...

Fabulous cards and I really enjoyed reading your story about your visit to your Mum's!
Best wishes for the upcoming event!
Chrissie