Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Valentine Layout and a broken machine!

I had every intention of getting my basement cleaned yesterday until my washing machine broke. I have no idea what happened, I had done 3 loads already and went to put the fourth in. Well when I did that it just started making all kinds of loud obnoxious noises and my laundry was not going to get finished till after hubby got home. When he got home he looked at it and said I needed to finish the load that was in there before he could try to fix it, so I ran it. Eeesh, you should have heard it, not good. Well of course American Idol was on last night so we HAD to watch that and well tonight is poker night so my machine is still broke. Good thing I only have 2 more loads sitting there and not 10 or we'd really be in trouble! So hopefully tomorrow he can fix it. It's kinda of funny too that it happened because the load of reds that I put in when it broke didn't all fit. I had to leave some out, and I said to myself "this would have all fit in my Mom's washer" that I absolutely fell in love with while we were at her house! Maybe the good lord is on my side on this one! I still felt guilty and told my hubby "I swear, I didn't do anything to it!" lol. So I guess my basement will get cleaned once my washer gets fixed. I can't stay down here and clean without doing laundry too...idk what it is. Maybe it's that multi-tasker in me!

While Tara was here this past weekend we made a valentine layout using random stamped paper we made and the layout pattern from one of our new workshops on the go. This is how it turned out...

The whole layout...



Page 1...



Page 2...



This layout uses all Close to My Heart ~ D1309 Heart Throb stamp set, B1297 Heartfelt stamp set, D1269 February Word Puzzle stamp set, D1336 Cupcake Sprinkles stamp set, D1280 Spot on Backgrounds stamp set, Love Letters rub-ons in chocolate, Pretty Pins, Blush Ric-Rac Ribbon, Tokens to Treasure, Big Pinks Just Blooms, Cardstock: Tulip, Blush, Baby Pink, Chocolate, White Daisy. Ink: Tulip, Blush, Baby Pink, Chocolate.

Tools ~ Paper Shaper's 2" Scalloped Circle punch, CM's 1 1/2" circle punch, SU's 1 3/8" circle punch, Martha Stewart Heart Lace border punch & Mini Heart Scallop border punch

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I know what you mean about the machine breaking. Our refrig died on 12/31 a few years ago. Just try finding a store open on New Year's Eve Day:-(
Hope your new washer/dryer are all ready for that new little one!
The Cards are really great and what a treat to have a friend visit and make cards for 2 days!!

Mary said...

Jeez and all with a new baby on the way. I can't wait to see the new baby!
mary

Kim said...

I love this layout!!!

kanishk said...

The Cards are really great
post free classified ads