Sunday, March 1, 2009

Still on baby leave...

Hello all! It's been one heck of a month since having baby. This is the first time that I've been able to get to my computer for more than 2 minutes to check email and go again. I feel so bad that I haven't been on sooner! Please forgive me!
.
My daughter Samantha Ann was born Saturday, January 24th @ 2:02am. She was 7lbs 9ozs and 20 inches long. Labor and delivery went pretty smooth considering it took a little over 16 hours. So much for getting faster with each one you have! Of 4, she took the 2nd longest to make her grand entrance in to the world (and might I add - sunny side up!) We had a little bit of a scare toward the end. Her heart rate kept decelerating with each contraction but with flipping and flopping around back and forth, we finally got it to stop. The Dr said that her cord was getting pinched when I would have a contraction, it was so scary for me. I lost it there for a while and cried but the Dr didn't get excited, I guess it happens quite a bit.
.
We spent 2 days in the hospital before we were able to come home. When we got home, we got a lot of visitors. Only those that are healthy are allowed in my house. Pediatrician said 'no bye-bye's and 'no sick people'. RSV was going around really bad at the time and now the Flu is heavy in the area. I had my Flu shot while I was pregnant but I'm not taking any chances. They just had on the news the other night that 2 teenage boys in DC were killed by the Flu in the last 2 weeks. Can you imagine? How awful! My heart pours out to those 2 families.
.
Things have been pretty good considering she has colic. After supper, she would start in and not quit until 1 or 2 in the morning. I took her to the Dr and he said 'yep, sounds like colic'. I was thinking "wonderful!" My oldest had colic, I was not really excited about doing that again. I did a little research online and found out some information. Some Dr's believe that lactase enzyme is the answer and some Dr's believe that a pro-biotic is the answer. We decided to try the pro-biotic first. She's been on it now for about 10 days and we've only had 1 bad night since. So (knock on wood) I think it might be helping. (Don't want to jinx anything, lol) The only thing is now I'm up till at least 3 with her but at least she ain't screaming! and she sleeps till around 10. Take what I can get I guess. When the hubby is home, I try to get a nap in when I can. Those really help! It's funny how you forget about all those sleepless nights that you have when they are little until you have a little one again!
.
I haven't touched anything in my craft area since my last post over a month ago. So no projects to share. But I do have a few pics of baby to share with you. Hopefully once baby gets on a better schedule I will have more time and energy to start posting regularly again. I apologize again for taking so long to get back on and thank everyone that is bearing with me. Here she is...
.
A couple of hours old...

.
So sleepy...

.
A week old...
.
Hoping those eyes are gonna be blue!
.
So happy to be a BIG sister! lol...
Till next time....Happy stamping!

14 comments:

Kristina said...

Congratulations! She is very beautiful. As the Mom of a 7 month old I can totally relate to why you haven't been on the computer much. Those first few months are always a haze!

Sara said...

Congratulations! Your daughter is beautiful!!

Lisha said...

Glad you are back :)

Marge said...

She's absolutely adorable; love the infants myself!!! ;-) Enjoy every moment with her!!!

TeresaW said...

Ahrrr, she is soooo, sweet! You must be as proud as punch. Congratulations! I never had the guts to go through with it, and you have done it twice! Well done. I'm sure she will bring you lots of joy.

Leslie said...

Congrats, beautiful baby. I can't say I miss those years. I have 3 myself 24-16.
I have been checking everyday to see when you would be back. We've missed you. I know you have missed scrappin'.
Hope you will have some time to get back to it. Lots of nice stuff out there to inspire.

Kathy said...

Congrats!! What a beautiful little girl. I'm sure she will fill your heart with much joy! Big sister looks so proud too. I had 4 so I perfectly understand those short, short nights:-( But they grow so fast. Enjoy every second you have with her.
SBS22 sistah Kathy

jhet said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! Here's praying for your quick recovery. Take care of yourself.

Hugs,
Jhet (SBS22 sister)

Daffodil said...

Congratulations on your new bundle! She is as cute as a button : )

Cameron said...

I thought I commented on this....sorry. It is called Dementia. Anyway, Samantha is beautiful. I loved holding her when she was a few days old. She is so precious. Can't wait to hold her again.

Chrissie said...

I'm so sorry that I haven't been by your Blog for a while.
Congratulations on your wonderful daughter, she looks gorgeous, as does her big sister!
I have had my daughter and granddaughter staying for a while during some reconstruction work at their house. I can sympathise with the broken nights!
Al good wishes.
Chrissie SBS22

Stephenie said...

Congratulations she is beautiful!

kanishk said...

Congratulations!
post free classified ads

Barbara said...

Congrats to you and your family....she is precious and I know that you are SUPER busy!