Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Hobby!!

I am now a hooker!! Yup, that's right....I taught myself to crochet over the summer. Shame on you, what did you think I was talking about, lol! We made a trip back home to WI this past summer. While we were there, I was completely fascinated watching my wonderful sister-in-law Heather crochet. Well, need less to say, my fascination turned to curiosity and now to a new addiction!! This is my latest project....



The pattern can be found here. It is in Russian but can be translated with Google translate. The pattern is a diagram which is super easy to follow. The only change I made was to the center, I made the Off Whiite 2 rounds instead of 1 and the Sable 2 rounds instead of 3.


I chose the colors to coordinate with my bed spread. That turned into a chore in and of itself. 4 brands of yarn and 2 stores later I had them all picked out and ready to go. Here is my list of yarns and their colors...

Cream: Red Heart Soft ~ Off White
Tan: Bernat Satin ~ Sable
Light Green: Red Heart Soft ~ Spearmint
Dark Green: I love this yarn ~ Dark Olive
Light Red: Bernat Satin ~ Rouge
Dark Red: Caron Simply Soft ~ Autumn Red
Purple: Bernat Satin ~ Plum Mist Heather

It looks like 6 squares cover a twin bed so I plan on making 12 total to cover my king size bed. I can't wait till I'm done with these, I'm really kind of excited to do a project this big. 

Till next time....Thanks for looking and Happy Hooking!!!


No comments: